We have wide experience with criminal-law cases in defence, prosecution, first instance, appeals and pardons. We are here to find the best solution to your problem. Our area of expertise is very wide and includes:
Issues concerning incarceration and privation of liberty:
- Extradition Orders and Opposition to Extradition Orders
- Assistance to a Person under Arrest
- Release on Bail
- Plea for Pre-Trial Release
- Appeal for Pardon
- Application for day release.
- Application for pre-trial release.
Criminal law Practice areas
- Financial and Fiscal Crimes
- Drug Crimes: Drug Trafficking, Possession, Production, Sale and Distribution
- Personal Offenses: Domestic Violence, Murder, Injury, etc
- Property Offences: Thefts, Concealment of Stolen Goods, Vandalism
- Sexual Offences: Sexual Assault, Sexual Harassment, etc
- Road-Traffic Offences
- Professional and Medical Malpractice
Recommendations in case of criminal defence or prosecution:
In case of defence, we recommend:
- If you face criminal charges, you are entitled to choose your own criminal lawyer.
- If the police or the Guardia Civil arrest you, you have the right to appoint a criminal lawyer of your choice.
- Unless you fully master the subtleties of Spanish, choose a lawyer that can speak your own language. Good lawyer-client communication is of the utmost importance. Lawyers appointed on legal aid, most of the time, do not speak foreign languages.
- Ask for legal advice as early as possible. Leaving your defence for the last minute is a mistake; the first few hours and days of criminal proceedings (testimonials, procedures, statements, medical examinations, etc.) can have a major impact on the outcome of a trial and are fundamental for a successful defence.
- If you are arrested you have the right to remain silent at the police station and make a statement only in court. This will enable you to speak with your lawyer before making the statement in court.
- Wait for your lawyer before making any statement, even if you feel under pressure. Tell your lawyer immediately about any irregularity or abuse that you may have seen or experienced during your detention.
In case of criminal prosecution, it is good to know that:
- Your lawyer can initiate a private prosecution and file a complaint against the people responsible, if you have been the victim of a crime.
- Your lawyer can propose that the judge requests evidence from witnesses, forensic experts, suspects, etc.
- Your lawyer can propose that the judge declares the proceedings as secret and request telephone monitoring, emails, Internet, etc.
- Your lawyer can request a series of precautionary measures directed against people assaulting or abusing you: arrest, seizure of property, search warrants for a house or a company, etc.
For more information about criminal law contact us directly.